We’re getting thoroughly pissed off about no-show GvG’s. We get a few per week both on attacks and defenses. I can understand not being able to field a group for a defense and giving up the territory, at least there is a reward for us being locked out and using out time to organize a fight. It’s when we get attacked by zerg guilds 2-3 times a night and they are all no-shows. cough KDS cough. Of course we have to show up with our A-Team and get locked into that territory for 24 hours and there is no negative to stop the attacking guild from no-showing. We understand it’s a legitimate tactic right now and they are using the system to their advantage. We can (and do) respect guilds that use the system in any way they can. This isn’t a post to flame any guilds, it’s just some idea’s on how to curve the real problem.
We brain stormed in our Discord last night and here are some possible idea’s to help the current issue with lock outs and no shows. This is simply brain storming, we would love for everyone to contribute in a CONSTRUCTIVE way instead of turning this post into a flame war please.
1. Add a time buffer (5 minutes) before the GvG where players HAVE to be signed up and it locks the line up. If 1 team doesn’t have a team of 5 signed up – they automatically forfeit the fight and the other guild WILL NOT receive lock outs on the players they signed up with.
2. If a guild no-shows while attacking – 5 random players from their roster will be selected and LOCKED OUT for 24 hours from further GvG’s. A variation of this was to port 5 random players from the attacking guild’s roster into the gvg but they
would likely sit in the tent and you would get the same result.
3. (From Current MOBAs) – Add some sort of deserter penalty for guilds that no show while attacking that doesn’t allow them to launch ANY attacks for 24 hours (to match the lock out of our A-Team).
4. If an attacking guild no-shows – the defending team wins some sort of a bounty worth 10x (or what ever) more than the original attack cost. (Think damage deposit when you launch an attack. It costs 100,000 but you have to put down 1,100,000 in case you no show)
5. If you attack from a territory and no-show – the territory you launch the attack from will receive a -20 on top of the original -10 (-30 total)
6. Scrap the lock out idea completely. You have built a system revolving around gladiators, why limit our top teams and force us to recruit more players.